Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy to be finally online!

    Hi everyone, welcome to my first post!  I'm afraid this one will be a bit brief, I'm really just SO excited to get this blog going that I had to write something.  I'm actually sitting in bed waiting for my "RunnerWife" Vera to wake up so we can leave for Comic Con.  Yes, I'm a little excited.  Great time to start a blog, right? 

Hello.. is anyone out there?  ;-)


    This site is dedicated to runners, but specifically I'm looking to speak to new runners or people that are struggling emotionally with running.  RunnerWife and I work together every Saturday morning with runners, a lot of them completely new to running.  It has truly become a passion, joy and inspiration point in our lives and a significant part of our relationship.  I sometimes affectionately refer to our club members as our "Running Babies".  We have to nuture them, develop them and then see if they can go off on their own and be successful.  If they are not successful, we have to be a safe "home" for them to come back to.  If they ARE successful, well.. that's one of the best feelings in the world that I've ever personally experienced.  To help someone become a better person for their own good and happiness is a gift to yourself. 

   We help people figure out what is stopping them, and then we show them how to go around, over, under or sometimes right THROUGH the block.  Now I'm here to post some of what I am learning, and it hope it might help you in a similar way.


   This site would not be possible without my friend over at www.loveliverun.com.  She's really cute too, I hit on her all the time.  She's my inspiration, my love and without her I would not be the man I am today.  I love you Vera.

Well, I think I've got to get my next surprise rolling for you.  Stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by and happy running,
John

1 comment:

  1. John, what an amazing paper you've written. It is beautiful in its truth and expression. I love how you've distilled the act of running, examined it, and embraced it. The paper also was amazing at leading you along the marathon story, waiting for the next "update," and the ending about unexpected results was so great (and hilarious). I am happy to have read it and know you better! Leslie Chisum

    ReplyDelete